Conference on Acquired Brain InjuryThe follow-up care for patients with cerebrovascular accident or with other acquired brain injury.
Conference participants will be given an inside look into other organizations, their follow-up care approaches and will be able to learn new methods and gain knowledge from participating experts.
About the Conference
We symbolically associate the first year of the conference with World Stroke Day. We would like to connect organizations / institutions, which, despite having members from various fields, share a common goal – provision of quality follow-up care. The conference is intended for professionals with experience in the fields of healthcare, social services, and for patient organizations which provide follow-up care to individuals with acquired brain injury.
Conference has been held under the auspices Minister od Labour and Social Affairs
Dipl.- Pol. Jana Maláčová, MSc.
and Ing. Pavel Šotola, Pardubice region Councilor for Social care and Non-profit sector
Date and time
May 12, 2021, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
No registration fee.
CEDR Pardubice o.p.s.
Partners and sponsors
On behalf of the Conference Program Committee you are cordially invited by:
Mgr. Milan Zanina
Director of CEDR Pardubice o.p.s.
Mgr. Alice Voborníková
+420 771 138 171
Bc. Linda Trpišovská
+420 739 285 728
Petr Kozlík, MSc.
English speaking assistant (contact for active conference participants)
+420 773 245 964
- Effect of cognitive therapy x different degrees of brain damage, cognitive functions
- Dual task training for people with acquired brain injury
- Setting goals in comprehensive rehabilitation – how to set goals for clients in comprehensive rehabilitation, what methods to use, techniques, examinations, how to work on mastering goals and their subsequent evaluation (examples from the practice)
Section: Speech Disorder (Aphasia)
- The issue of psychological support for an aphasic patient / client
- Multidisciplinary specifics of working with aphasia individuals – experience with the use of AAK, other communication aids
Section: Informal caregiver
- Stroke from the perspective of informal caregivers
- Long-term, systematic concept of support for caregivers and their families in all phases after acquired brain injury, including all specifics these phases bring.
Section: Methods, techniques, aids, Hi-Tech
- Use and effectiveness of Hi-Tech aids in the follow-up care for individuals with acquired brain injury
- Use of Android applications in rehabilitation
Section: Follow-up care system
- Follow-up care for individuals with acquired brain injury during Covid-19 period – experience with remote form of providing services / care.
- Stroke and follow-up care in my country – the system of follow-up care in the speaker’s country
Topic of your choice – focus: “Follow-up care for an individual with acquired brain injury”
You are cordially invited to enter your abstract. Topic of your paper should represent the area of your professional interest in connection to the main theme of the Conference. If you would like to share your experience from a different area of your professional interest, we kindly request the topic to remain within context of the subject matter and focus of the Conference. This will contribute to the mutual exchange of knowledge and good practice in the field of Follow-up care.
Based on submitted abstracts, the Conference Program Committee will determine, which papers will be admitted for presentation at the Conference.
You are cordially invited to enter your paper. Topic of your paper should represent the area of your professional involvement in connection to the main theme of the Conference. If you would like to share your experience from a different area of your professional interest, we kindly request the topic to remain within context of the subject matter and focus of the Conference. This will contribute to the mutual exchange of knowledge and good practice in the field of Follow-up care.
Link to full Conference recording, individual presentation recordings and a press release.
Link to Conference live streaming
Promotional Activity Registration
You are invited to submit promotional materials, which will be presented at the Conference.